A balanced diet rich in vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and fiber is crucial in preventing and combating cancer. Try to include the following in your diet:
- Beta-carotene can help counter the effects of free-radicals and may prevent, or even reverse, some precancerous conditions. Found in butternut squash, apricots.
- Lycopene is a powerful phytochemical found in tomatoes, guava, and pink grapefruit.
Soy isoflavones are an excellent source of cancer-fighting antioxidants. Eat tofu, soy nuts, soy coffee.
Green Tea contains the antioxidant EGCG which sets in motion cell death in cancer cells, not healthy ones. EGCG may also enhance the body's natural antioxidant system which encourages the elimination of damaging free radicals. Other preliminary research indicates that green tea can help to combat breast, stomach, and skin cancer.
- Indoles, phytochemicals found in broccoli, appear to fight cancer by triggering detoxification enzyems that prevent chemical carcinogens from forming in the body.
- Almonds are also showing quite a bit of cancer-fighting promise, especially with regard to colon, lung, and prostate cancer.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant found in oranges, red cabbage, strawberries, tangerines, red bell pepper, kiwi fruit, potatoes.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.