- Honey is a natural sweetener that contains small amounts of amino acids as well as vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and trace amounts of essential minerals, such as calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- Honey contains several compounds that function as antioxidants, one of which is unique to honey, called pinocembrin. Pinocembrin is also being studied for potential antibacterial properties.
- Combining honey with a protein supplement may boost post-workout recuperation and favor better blood sugar maintenance after exercise.
- Honey could be an effective pre-workout energy source that does not induce hypoglycemia.
- Honey can improve endurance exercise capacity.
- 18 different beneficial amino acids have been identified in honey.
- Antimicrobial Activity: Wound dressing for infected areas like minor burns, cuts, abrasions, sore throats, and other bacterial infections.
- Honey is a natural humectant, which means it has the ability to attract and retain moisture. Use honey in facial masks, bath oils, hair conditioners and more.
- Honey has prebiotic properties--helps promote the growth and activity of bifidobacteria for improving digestive health.
One word of caution: NEVER FEED HONEY TO INFANTS UNDER THE AGE OF 12 MONTHS.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.