The Newtowner Magazine
Our current issue is a special tribute issue offered as a healing gift to the people of Newtown. By its very nature it is a publication of historic significance.
Our aims for this issue are to:
- Celebrate the people, beauty, culture, and community spirit of Newtown, CT
- Remember those we love and lost
- Give artistic expression to the grief we have shared
- Highlight the role of the arts in healing and the arts’ ability to nurture our humanity
- Focus on our love, faith, and hope for the future.
Featuring contributions from:
- Nationally acclaimed authors and illustrators such as Wally Lamb, Lois Lowry, Katherine Paterson, and Steven Kellogg
- Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Yusef Komunyakaa
- Sesame Street’s Alan Muraoka
- National leaders such as Senators Richard Blumenthal and Chris Murphy, and Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty
- Newtown’s First Selectwoman Pat Llodra
- Newtown faith leaders such as Rabbi Shaul Praver and Monsignor Robert Weiss
- Newtown educators such as Newtown High School Principal Chip Dumais and Reed Intermediate teacher Gael Lynch
- Newtown residents and high school students
- Sandy Hook Elementary School parents David Wheeler and Sophfronia Scott
- Sandy Hook Elementary School staff member Cindy Carlson
- Sandy Hook Elementary School student artists Daniel Barden, Chase Kowalski, Jessica Rekos, and Avielle Richman
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.